View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #10
firemancjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson View Post
Thanks, fireman.

Assuming I come back with the trailer I'll measure the distance from between the tire and the wheel well. What year TM do you have? I understand that they made some changes to the axle that raised the trailer a bit, but not sure what year.

Thanks again!

I have a 2009 2720

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson View Post
I guess there's still one thing I'm wondering about.

Padgett, you're running Load Range D tires and a wheel rated at 2150 lbs which is clearly enough as that exceeds the axle limit of 3500 lbs. However, fireman you're running Load Range E tires with a limit of 2600 lbs, 2 extra belts, and a rim rated at 2600 lbs.

Is there an benefit to running the E rated tires & rims vs. the D rated ones? I believe the E rated tires run at 80 psi, so do you run them at 65 psi for a smoother ride?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have them at 65 psi running down the road the heat will cause a slight increase in pressure. the load range E/ 10 ply rated are still just 5 layers just like Padgett's picture in the second post. I know intellectually that running a LRE tire at the lower pressures doesn't really give me anything extra, but it feels better to have the extra if i needed it. Besides, they were the same price as the LRD tires.
firemancjr is offline   Reply With Quote