View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

If that 2001 - 2720 is the one I think it is that's on Craigslist, it's got the side a/c. If it's really clean and garage-stored, it might be worth it. It also depends on whether or not you want to keep it for a long time. However, if you were to just show up with a cashier's check for a bit less (plus with a couple of hundred $ bills stashed in your wallet, just in case it's absolutely pristine), and tell him you were going to be in town for only that night, he might call you in the morning and tell you it's a deal. Money talks. Sometime it takes overnight for the seller to think about it and call you back to accept your offer. I've had this happen to us twice while shopping for used big ticket items.

If you don't belong to the "smaller is better" club, you may be happier with the 3023 for your two boys. How tall do you think they will be when they grow? How long will you be keeping the TM? There is 3 feet more living room inside, and when you have kids, it makes a difference. We wanted the smallest TM we could get with a queen bed for us, so the 2720 was what we bought. One thing that's nice is that my son, who is over 6' tall now, can sleep on either the front bed or the dinette bed. However, our two kids have a tendency to hog up the dinette seats, and they leave very little room for us to sit inside, unless I make one of them move up to the front bed to hang out. Mornings are also a challenge, because there is nowhere to sit when the dinette is made into a bed. Plus, it's kind of a pain to get them out of the dinette area in the morning to take the bed down.

I wish you luck, let us know how things turn out for you.