View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

For a bit of help, try this site

https://familyrvusa.com/dry-weight-g...t-does-it-mean

"Dry weight" refers to the trailer with no options or fluids. In other words, it is the lightest it is ever going to be.

"UVW is the weight of a vehicle as manufactured at the factory. It includes full engine and generator fuel tanks and fluids, if applicable. It does not include cargo, water, propane, or dealer-installed accessories." I assume that dealer installed accessories means options that were ordered by the customer, and are not installed on every trailer, but I might be wrong about this. Weight would certainly change from year to year as "options" become "standard items". For example, prior to about 2000, a spare tire was an option. I'm not sure about a battery and the airco, but I think the awning was once an option, and is now standard. Similar changes would cause apparent weight to change from year to year.

Similarly height and width would change as TM changed air conditioner models (from standard to low profile, for example), added a lift kit or higher-initial-rotation axles, or made the awning standard.

A Google search will turn up other helpful sites.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote