View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default Completed first outing with 2417

We went out a couple of weekends ago, for our first outing with our 2417. Loved it!!!

Had been canvas pop-up campers for years, but wanted hard sides, and faster setup. We have the cassette toilet and shower stall in ours (wife insisted on it!). We only set the shower up at night, as the woods are fine during the day. But, everything about this unit is very good. Refrigerator actually had ice on the bottom (I had set it to Max) after 12 hours. Hot water was very hot (I had set it to High, then turned it down when I saw how hot it got). Furnace kept my wife plenty warm (much better than a canvas pop-up!) all night, and I barely had it on. It got down to 40° overnight (outdoors!).

Very minor issues that the dealer is taking care of right now, but nothing that would have ruined a longer trip - just tweaks.

We got it because we go way back (and up) on Forest Service roads in Colorado, and it will work well. I would not even think about taking any of the larger models where we go, so this model is the only one we would have considered. If they didn't build it, we wouldn't have purchased a TM. We will be retiring in a few years, and will travel all over with this. Tows behind our 2006 Grand Cherokee (5.7 liter Hemi) just fine.

Would highly-recommend this model to anyone who goes to the back country to camp. With a 40-gal fresh-water tank, we can go for a week, no problem. Battery will likely last, also, but we will find out this summer. Worst-case, if we stay in one spot (don't plan to), we could hook to car and re-charge, if necessary.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote