View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Hi hjbourge,

I finally got some spare time to answer your questions regarding our experience with the Elkmont trailer. After we got the problem rectified with the caulking on the roof, we are very happy with the unit. This is the fourth TrailManor that we have owned, and the Elkmont has the best fit & finish quality of any of the units. I know the Elkmont isn't a telescoping trailer, but the quality and workmanship in the unit was excellent. We had the factory change several items in the unit when they built it, and we were very happy with what we asked for.

The Elkmont is very tight, and we never had any problems with bugs getting in. The only time was at night when we opened the screen door to get in. We never had to make any adjustments to the screen door so it would fit without any gaps.

Our 3326 King had a lot of storage, but we love all of the extra overhead cabinets, and the storage under the bed when you lift up the mattress. Also, there is outside storage all way across the front of the trailer. The back of the trailer has another huge outside storage area which is directly under the wardrobe in the rear bathroom. Also, we love all of the cabinets in the bathroom for storage.

I have no problems pulling the Elkmont. I have the same sway bar & weight distribution hitch as was on the 3326. The only difference is the 1 to 1.5 miles per gallon less with the Elkmont. Having the luxury of opening up the door without setting it up is great after all of these years. It's great to have the full size refrig and freezer. Also, it's nice to stop at a rest area and use the toilet in the trailer. So the extra gas used is well worth the extra benefits that I have mentioned about the Elkmont.

Ease of set up is great. The hardest part is making sure the unit is level if you happen to get a bad camp site. You have to do this with any trailer so no big deal.

The Coleman 13500 BTU a/c is great. We have camped in high 90's with terrible humidity. The a/c will freeze you out if you leave it on high. Another great thing is the furnace. It's so quiet and has ducts into the bathroom, kitchen, and front bedroom. No more real cold spots like in our 3326 King.

After having the Elkmont, I would never go back to the telescoping TrailManor. As you get older, your needs change. It's great to just unlock the door when you want to get something out of the trailer. I am not putting down the TrailManor since we bought 3 telescoping ones over an 18 year period. It was just time to move on to an easier way.

Hope this helps you out.