View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Beak12

Here are my questions:

1. If we snowbird, is a TM suitable for long-term stays (3 months)?

2. Are TM's safer to tow than other towables? Trucks pushed our 18k motorhome all over this place. So how is the sway? I would like to hear from everybody but those who have towed over types of towables would be great.

3. Is the TM air conditioner up to the task of South Florida heat and humidity? If not, any creative solutions?

4. I see posts from people are selling in order to move to a 5th wheel or motorhome. Why?

Love this forum. Can't wait for the replies.

First I must say we have owned about 4 Rv's of various types. The last one being a 37' Itasca Suncruser, which we traveled for about 9 months in two different years. Health required we stop RVing. But when I sort of got back on my feet my wife said we should get a small TT so we could do weekends with family. So we got a 2720SL (04) we got used at Custom RV. We liked it vary much. But because I could not lift it anymore (age & health) (wife would try and find other campers in a park to help setup and take down) we traided it for a 24' Elkmont.

Q#1 We spent 3 months last year traveling from CA to western NY. Moving about every three days. No problems--at least not any more than any other RV.

Q#2 Had no problems towing. Wind from big rigs, no real problems. Yes we did feel them but again no problems.

Q#3 Had more cool weather than Hot so can't answer about AC.

Q#4 My class A 37' Suncruser really did feel more like a home. 3 large slides and a private bedroom with small desk for work and TV with a large chair for private TV watching. But it also required lots of fixing of stuff.

When I got my Elkmot 24 (the floor plan with the couch that makes into a bed with air mattres) the 26' was not in the picture. However I would go with the 26 now because of the fixed private Bedroom and fixed bed.

Hope this helps.

John

PS: But then I would have to get something stronger to pull the TM. LOL