View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
PopBeavers

We got the 2720 just for the extra storage, about a foot all the way across the back. One third outside and two thirds inside.

The 2720 was 6 inches too long for the garage, so we got the swing away tongue to solve that problem.

We carry bulky items, like the generator, BBQ, 5 captains chairs, 2 Coleman coolers, 2 Coleman gas lanterns, tools, water jugs for an additional 40 gallons, etc. in the truck.

The kids (26 and 29) sleep in their own tents (allegedly I snore), so they take care of their own stuff. My wife uses one drawer, I use another drawer and the third drawer is for kitchen towels and wash cloths and a few other items.

I added two drawers to one of the cabinets. That is for canned food, syrup, cereal, pasta, etc.

The top two drawers, one in what is called the optional microwave drawer, has all kitchen utensils.

Pots and pans are under the stove. Coffee pot and potato chips are in the compartment at the bottom. Some other stuff as well.

Under the sink is the dish drainer, cutting boards, ziplocks, BBQ tools, etc.

Over the sink is service for 8 plus some stackable mixing/storage bowels.

I have the optional 40 gallon water tank, so I have no room under the street side seat. Just enough for 100 feet of water hose and a pair of 3 gallon collapsible water buckets.

Under the curb side seat are two of the tacky green outdoor carpets, the outdoor speakers when not in use, table cloths for picnic tables and a two burner outdoor propane stove.

There is not much in the front over head storage because it is hard to get to and very small. Extra napkins and paper towels. Frisbees. First aid kit.

In the interior part of the extra space gained by the 2720 is bath towels, games, electric space heater if I am going somewhere with hookups, and my well stocked bar. In the exterior part is a small BBQ, a Pit-2-Go portable fire pit, two collapsible containers for garbage and recyclables. Also another 75 feet of water hose, and stuff I need for hookups like water pressure regulator, power tester, voltmeter. Also an axe for splitting firewood.

There is enough room in the bathroom for all of the small items you would expect to find in a bathroom.

I do carry some items on the floor of the TM while towing that will be outdoors at our destination. A 3x10 rug for keeping some dirt out. A few folding tables, because where we go there are frequently no picnic tables. Lounge chairs, Travasak (fancy sleeping bag). Sometimes some other things.

I plan on adding the optional over the stove cabinet which was not available in 2005.

My really big stuff, like two ATVs and three motorcycles are in the other truck and trailer.