View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #11
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrym View Post
Talking to a dealer who deosn't sell Trailmanors. He said traveling on dirt roads they really suck in dirt bad and while parked didn't seal very well to keep out dirt and wind. I'm looking at a 2007 2720SL in new condition good shape ( I haven't actually seen it yet as it's 200 miles away) Has anyone else had any type of problems with the weather seal ? THANKS
I didn't have much experience with dusty roads, but I will answer the parked question. We had very little problem with air infiltration during some extremely windy camping trips with the fold out seals. We could sometimes feel a small draft at the corner seals in the back bed. If we camped in cold weather, we would stuff that area with pipe insulation cut to length, and use swim noodles in front shell gaps.....those worked great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrym View Post
I've had a 76 Champion motorhome for 30 years. I've had to fix some minor things. Loose screws,etc but nothing major. Just have to keep good maintance on the equipment. Any trouble with water comming in on the roof seals ?
Never. I don't think I have ever read about a problem with roof seals leaking on this forum.