View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Virgin Campers - HELP

First, unlax! (as some cartoon character used to say.)  Being tense and worried is a guarantee of a less than perfect trip.  TM's are well built and well equipped, and there is almost nothing that can go seriously wrong.  Naturally, you will identify things you wish you had brought - no big deal!  And Wal Mart will take care of 90% of them.  I can't tell you the number of times I have run to Wal Mart late at night, or waited until it opened in the morning, for a quick trip.  You can even eat at McDonalds if worse comes to worst.

My advice?  Make sure your propane tanks are full, so you can stay warm if it gets cold.  Bring a bottle of wine and a corkscrew, so you can toast your wise decision and the smoothness of the trip.  Bring your blue owners manual so you can puzzle over any questions.  But I can't think of anything else that is DESPERATELY important.  Go, and have fun!

Bring the notebook and pencil, as TC suggested.  If you forgot something, write it down.  And if you don't understand how/why something works (or doesn't work), write it down for later research.  And seriously, re-read TC's post about taking your time with setup and takedown, and doing walkarounds.  The boy speaks wise.  More problems occur here than anywhere else.

Let us know how it comes out!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote