View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
ng2951

Quote:
1- with my dealer 5 hours away, I'm a little nervous about any warranty work or potential issues with the TM. Are there any known issues I should be aware of and make sure I check out before I pull off the lot?
Check everything while you are at the lot. Making sure everything works and how it operates is always a good first step. Some people video tape this activity so they do not forget anything.

Let them set it up for you first. Next try it yourself a couple of times just to be sure it all stuck. Its not that hard and is pretty quick anyway.

Try lighting all the appliaces, especially the fridge and oven. Those aren't difficult, but if you never have done this it may be a little perplexing. One tip is to light the center burner first since that gets the gas very close to the oven and fridge.
Quote:
2- Compared to my "pop-up", is the setup and take down of the TM that much faster and easier?
Probably a lot less cranking. I have a 3326 and the front shell with the AC unit mounted on the roof can be a little heavy to lift. The tip is to lower the front end and then raise the front roof.

Normally, I will set the rear feet on the trailer and leave the fronts retracted until I get the front half up. Then I crank it back to level (on the rear feet) and extend the fron feet. Even on a 3326 that goes pretty fast.