View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fife&brown View Post
After months of research and emails back and forth to my closest dealer, 5 hours away, I am now ready to make the plunge. I will be traveling to Salt Lake this weekend, pulling my Coleman pop up in exchange for my new 2009 2720 (and a lot of $$). I still have a few reservations regarding pending purchase, mostly because I have never seen a TM up close, so I am relying on this great forum and brochures.
1- with my dealer 5 hours away, I'm a little nervous about any warranty work or potential issues with the TM. Are there any known issues I should be aware of and make sure I check out before I pull off the lot?
2- Compared to my "pop-up", is the setup and take down of the TM that much faster and easier?
3- I don't know if you can help me with this one, but can you think of any advantage of purchasing the TM this fall compared to next Spring? Do you see the prices of TM change much from Fall to Spring?
thanks and I apologize for the lengthy message.
I just moved from a Coleman PU to a 2720 TM about 2 months ago.

I think that you will be very impressed with the ease of set-up and amount of space that you will have. I do miss the big windows in the PU but I don't miss the flapping of canvas.

When you go to pick-up your new TM, I would recommend finding a campground near-by and spend a night or 2 in your new TM. You really should use everything in the TM.....

Hook up to city water. Water leaking is probably the most common issue in any new camper.

Run the fridge, furnace, AC, water heater and every item in your new TM.

Use your toilet, shower, sinks and holding tank. Fill the holding tank FULL and check for leaks. Dump the holding tank and make sure that everything works and you know how to use it.

Hook it up and tow it around......listen for noises.

Opening and closing will probably be the least concern. Their system is pretty fool proof. It's the interaction of all of the items that are installed in the camper that need to be used and checked closely.

We find our TM so easy to open & close that we often stop on the roadside, set it up to have lunch, close it and go on our merry way. We sure couldn't do that with the PU.....

If you work the bugs out on your 1st trip, I think you will love your new TM. If you don't, you may get frustrated and your experience could vary but I think that would be true with any new camper.