View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
skcerny

Hi Rich,

Congrats on the new TM. We have a '05 3023 and love it. We just got back from a two week camping vacation on Cape Cod.

In terms of storage, here a few things that we did.

1. We hung a some sort of cloth organizer in the fold down cabinet that holds towels and other miscellaneous light items.

2. Two small baskets that sit on top of the cabinet to hold change, wallet etc at night.

3. A cloth shoe holder that we hang on the wall facing the cabinet. It holds all of our shoes (myself, wife and two kids).

4. We use two 18 gallon and two 14 gallon Rubbermaid totes with lids to carry misc items. For example, I have a 12" dutchoven with the necessary tools that go into one of the 14 gallon totes. We have found that we can store these totes easily when towing. I put at 14 gallon one on top of a 18 gallon one and then the other 18 gallon on top of the 14 gallon. I put these between the two couches on our 3023 and they fit perfectly. When we get to our site, we unload them quickly and then I keep them outside the TM while camping. They usually fit under the TM nicely so they are out of the way.

5. We just build a microwave shelf over the stove that we mounted with extra clips we ordered from TM. That has cleared up a lot of counter space.

6. We also have the extra drawer that you can order.

7. Finally, we have an electric Coleman cooler that we use as an extra fridge for our longer trips. We set it on top of a Rubbermaid pullout drawer unit that we use that sits on the counter to the right of the sink.

Enjoy!