View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by campernurse2012 View Post
It was bought in Texas at Crestview RV in Buda. My husband in meticulous about maintaining the trailer, checks all components on a regular basis, we were just wondering what other owners do and if it was required . Thank you so much for your prompt response.
You say it was bought in Buda, but did it have Texas plates on it? Was the inspection sticker a Texas issued decal? I've not seen one, never been asked for one, although I've never been pulled over for any type of infraction while towing.

Update... I spoke with my vehicle insurance agent, she is my sister, and she said yes. There is an inspection sticker on trailers over 4500 lbs. which means, that most TM units do not meet that weight standard. She relocated to TX a few years ago and brought her CA state plated 5th wheel with her and they had to get it inspected prior to new registraton. But, it's 12k lbs. she does not recall that there is an expiration date with the sticker? It may pertain to units being brought in from out of state.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote