View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #12
dalberdash

Default Leveling jacks

Thanks Bill for the clarification and further insight. As you know, more often than not, all sites are not level. Additionally, for traveling, the jacks are usually cranked up into a closed position against the under carriage. As a result, when situated at resting point, one then has to unscrew the jacks down to the support footings; which in itself constitutes several 'hundred' turns of the drill ... or the hand crank ... just to get ready to complete the final levelling process; which now becomes the 'heavy lifting' part.

While I readily admit the small hand drill part about putting the jacks down into the raising condition is OK, and have used it at this end, my comment about having to then change to the hand crank remains; unless of course one has a heavy duty stout drill; which most of us may not because of the space, size, cost, etc.

Thus my suggestion of an optional addition; that being automated leveling jacks powered by small 12vdc motors mounted at the jack's location; controllable by a weather proof button box mounted on the undercarriage in line with the wheels.

In the case of these 12 vdc motors 'eating' up battery power, that could easily be addressed by connecting back up to the Bargman connection on TV and starting it up temporarily until the process is complete. Of course in a park area, with power, that would not apply.