Old 03-27-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Sounds high to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Hi all,

Needing a sanity check here:

I just received my first insurance bill for 6 months coverage on our TM. We went with Travelers because they have our home & auto coverage. They want $224 for collision & comprehensive. This seems awfully high to me, but I don't have much to compare it to.

I should note we have good driving records and no loss history.

Anyone think this rate is out of line? Should I be a-shoppin'? I've heard of Good Sam and that they offer coverage. Would we be better with an RV-specific insurance company?

Thanks,

Steve
I have all my insurance through USAA, good driving record etc., and I'm paying about $95 for 6 months of coverage on an '02 TrailManor 2720SL. IIRC, original insured value in '02 was around $21K and I have comprehensive ($200 deductible) and collision ($500 deductible) on the trailer.

You might do better with Good Sam over the year since I believe they allow you to do seasonal coverage.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote