View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
cali camping, I want to try out your screen storage soon, but have a couple of questions.

I had to replace the screw and nut with a rivet on the hinge side of the screen.....the nut was hanging up on the door flange. In doing this, the long part of the rivet is now opposite the clamps, meaning they would be up against the TM in your storage position. Do you think there is room there if I used a bumper to cushion that part, that the clamps would still clear the back wall of the upper section. I haven't measured it yet, but thought I would get your input 1st.

I don't think that the bed support will be a problem if I move the screen almost to the rear storage compartment door.

Thanks, Chap
Chap,
The reason I replaced the screws and nuts that it came with was the clearance issue. I simply replaced the original fasteners with flush mount pop rivets. The TM is in storage now, so i can't take any additional pictures. As I recall there will be absolutely no room for anything on the "outdoor" side of the screen once it's mounted in the stowed position if you want to use the nylon clips from TM. I think the red locking handles would have at least another inch of clearance with the TM closed up using my method, but it obviously was hard to see!
Any chance you could remove your existing rivets and install some new ones that would make them flush mount on the side you needed?

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote