View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
Hi all - first time poster here. We are seriously looking at a 2922KB, and I have so many questions, but I’ll start with this one. I see that the wardrobe cabinet can be removed from the track. Is there any issue with keeping it, but sliding it down towards the oven/door on the counter? I see that it would cover up one of the windows, but I was wondering if it would be stable enough to just sit on the counter without being attached to the track and you could still open the door and not have the cabinet move around too much.

I ask because my husband is 6’4”, so his legs will hang off the king bed, so I wanted to see if we could make more room for him (which means more room for me ;-), but still use the cabinet. Otherwise he could just sleep in the middle of the bed and have his legs hang off in the aisle, but then I would be stuck closer to the wall. Plus, it’s bad enough that he can’t stand up straight in half the trailer, so I want to give him something for his trouble. :-). Thanks.

I’m hoping that we’ll buy this trailer over the next month, and then I’ll gladly join as a site sponsor. This forum and the people on it are awesome!
If you have weight in the cabinet, and maybe add some non-slide pads to the bottom if needed, it will likely sit just fine. The track keeps it from sliding side-to-side, true, but the front-back is unaffected if you remove it from the track. Keep in mind that putting it into the aisle for folding/transport will require more strength, as will lifting it back into position, as you won't be able to leverage off the track, so that may limit the amount of weight you'd want to put in there.

Personally, ours was so loaded I doubt it would slide anywhere even if detached. I would only add non-slip pads after I tried it out.

If you have the so-called "microwave shelf" which fills in the counter between the "normal, rear" position of the wardrobe and the stove counter, you could switch and put that next to the bed and slide the wardrobe all the way forward. You're now trading off kitchen counter space for rear space/sleeping overhang space, but that'll help to make sure the wardrobe doesn't have any place to slide. It would also let you stack some pillows there so maybe his feet would have something to rest upon, and not just hang in the air. The extra drawer might be nice to have, too.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote