View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
davlin
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
Very good thread. Our 3326 has the original tires, which are Marathons ST215/75R14 load range C.

I need to replace them later this year, before a planned trip. We moved the trailer about 100 miles a couple of months ago without mishap, but due to some health issues it will stay put for now.

I have not scaled this trailer, but even at 5000 lbs or so a load range C is well within its capacity range with four tires on the trailer. My current thinking is brand will be more important than load range, and comments here are leaning me toward Maxxis.

Any tire replacement comments from 3326 owners?
MisterP, I'm a former 3326 owner (1995 with 13" tires) who always put Marathons on mine, but given the more recent problems folks have had, I think I would go with either the Maxxis or Carlisle. When I replaced the original Marathons on my 2007 3124 KS, I went with Carlisle. My tire dealer absolutely did NOT want me to put Marathons on it (even though he sells them)! He lowered the price of the Carlisle's to match the Marathon's, because he said his customers have had so much trouble with Marathon's and he's the guy who bears the brunt of the unhappiness.
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote