View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Waverly. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but what are you basing your opinion on? I have watched and read at least a dozen reviews of this product and it seems that for a temporary fix (As I mean to replace the fan with an upgrade soon) it should work just fine. You're suggesting that I spent $40.00 and a half a day doing what would amount to $15.00 and 20 minutes to solve. In another post you chided me for using Eternabond tape for securing a solar panel, say "I hope you never have to remove it.

As I said, I would like to replace the "stock" 16-year-old two-speed vented fan with a much better Max air fan in the near future (maybe as soon as August). And then I will use butyl tape, and self-leveling caulking.
Sorry that you took offense to my post about using Eternabond on your solar.

As for using Dicor sealant, it's only about $13 a tube and works well when used to top old cracked sealant. This sealant is self leveling and will fill into the old cracked sealant if it is cleaned first. Maybe you should reread my post.

The link that I sent you was for 4-tubes. I just grabbed that from my Amazon "Orders" list, Here is a link for a single tube. If you want to try Flexseal, go for it. We are just trying to save you some of our "learning by our mistakes" time and expense.

https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-551LSB1...NsaWNrPXRydWU=