View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Larry has pretty well covered it, so read his post carefully. And if you do a Search on the term "storage", you should find several threads in which members have described what they carry where.

For us, we have a 1-1/2" foam topper on the bed under the bottom sheet. Above the top sheet we have an electric blanket, which can also stay on the bed. But we also have a thick and comfy quilt which makes the bed too thick. We fold it and put it on top of all the stuff that we carry on the couch. Pillows go in the small cubby under the edge of the bed.

I assume you have the TM chair. When the TM is closed, it must be carried on the flat part of the floor in front of the refrig, not with the back or front up on the slider step. FWIW, some of our members leave the chair at home, to gain cargo space on the floor inside.

Larry's para 3 is really important, and deserves a lot of thought. In the back of my truck, just inside the tailgate, I keep a "towing stuff box" (actually 2 milk crates) that hold everything I might need when the TM is closed. This includes normal towing and setup-related stuff (spring bar handle, cordless drill with a 1/4-inch Allen wrench chucked in it for cranking the stabilizers, wheel chocks, a six-inch magnetic carpenter's level, hitch clip, grease for the hitch ball, oil for the springbar heads, a can of spray lube, and an iron pipe floor flange for the tongue jack), and emergency stuff like a 12-volt compressor, a hydraulic bottle jack, and a bright orange highway safety vest. I also carry half a dozen short hunks of 2x6 board in the truck bed, and set of jumper cables in the TM rear bumper.

You may not start with all of these things in your "towing stuff" box, but with some thought, you will be well equipped.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote