View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
... We’re looking nationwide, and would like to find a 2013 or 2014 2720 SL/QS ... Are there “good” and “bad” model years? ... Assuming a unit has been properly used, maintained and stored, how old of a TM can I purchase without expecting a lot of work, component replacement, etc.? I expect some maintenance and minor repair, but don’t want to buy a “project”.
I'm not sure there have been any "bad years", since the design changed only incrementally from year to year. There have been very few major changes over the years. It is not like cars, where a whole new design is introduced at the beginning of a given model year.

One exception to this statement is the issue of wood in the walls of the shells. Before about 2001, the walls and ceiling of the shells were framed with wood, as was done with most RVs (and still is). If water got into the shell structure due to a leak, the water could be absorbed into the wood, and the wood would eventually rot. TM changed to aluminum framing in about 2001 or 2002, which eliminated that particular problem.

Since you are shopping for a much more recent model, this is of no concern to you, but may be to others who are similarly looking.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote