View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I would bet there are alot more people being "power negative" at the TM battery while towing with the fridge on DC than perhaps is represented here because many folks don't realize it due to the fact they rely on the battery status LEDs to determine battery charge. If they checked with an ammeter, I would not be surprised if many, if not most setups, are power negative.

Of course, if you are driving on trips that are only a few hours long and you hook up to shore power upon reaching your destination, then being power negative isn't a big deal. Generally, it's only relevant when you are dry camping.

Dave
I think you are "right on" with that statement. Most of us are "power negative" by the time we stop to setup. It's still better (safer) to use 12 VDC refrigeration than propane. The only time it becomes an issue is if you need a full charge for dry camping.

I know the on board solar systems can help make up the difference but only if you are traveling in the full sun.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote