View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
PopBeavers

For the first 2 of 3 years that we owned the TM, I kept thinking about Teeing into the propane line to run my small portable Coleman gas stove that we frequently use to cook outside. I kept postponing it.

Then this last year on a few occasions I had to park the TM in a campsite where the picnic table and fire pit was street side instead of curb side. So I used the stove on the picnic table.

I have subsequently purchased a small portable refillable propane tank and I can use the stove anywhere that I want to.

For me, the ability to use the stove 30 feet away from the TM is important. So I'll stick with the portable tank. We almost always camp in NFS campgrounds where we have a lot of space, I we use it all. If I camped in RV parks where space is limited then the portable tank would have less value and would be a hassle.

Storing the additional tank is another issue. I have a large truck for a TV, so I have a lot of room. If I was towing with a minivan I would probably think differently.

On the other hand, since the TM has 2 propane tanks you could always disconnect one and use it at the picnic table. A little bulky and heavy, but it could be done.