View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 12:36 AM   #13
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
I would look into the state laws for states you will be traveling through in regards to restraint of an animal in a vehicle. Some states are very strict - must be crated with crate secured so it can not tumble about. Some very vague - "driver can not be the one to restrain animal", or "animal must be restrained in some manner". Some allow harness secured to seat belt connection in leu of crate, some do not. Some are basically intended to be used if they want a reason to stop you "nothing in the vehicle can cause a distraction to the driver" - meaning if they saw an animal sitting on the driver's lap, mostly likely you are getting pulled over. (What do those states want you to do with kids, even though they are belted in? LOL) My dog is always harnessed, the cat always crated and crate secured. Personally, just driving around normally, I've had idiots pull out in front of me causing me to brake much faster than I'd like to. The harness has saved the dog from being a bug splat on the inside of the windshield more times than I care to count. Can you tell it is a pet peeve of mine to see animals unrestrained in a vehicle?
Fortunately, no Vehicle codes are enforceable by law. So if you DID get a citation... it is easily beatable.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote