View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
idaho-steve

I would echo 2blueranger's comment about TM quality overall.

I purchased a well-used 2002 2720SL and have been over literally every inch of this trailer in my never-ending quest to "improve" it (?). I am nearly always pleasantly surprised at the overall high quality of workmanship and design -- especially in areas that are not normally visible. Wiring is well wrapped, covers are consistently well caulked, screws still secure after many miles of travel, etc.

The TM is a conglomeration of smaller subsystems and components. As with any larger system, any one subsystem can fail or a particular factory assembler can have a bad day. For this reason a complete inspection at the dealer is an excellent way to catch whatever little flaws may have slipped by the factory QA guy late on a Friday. In fact, I would recommend the inspection and then "camping out" in the immediate area to go over everything else that evening by yourself to make sure the instructions were understood and to "play" with the various subsystems. (For example, use the city water to fill the FW tank, disconnect city water and run the FW pump to make sure it runs smoothly (and quietly). This way any small problem does not turn into a major annoyance after you arrive home many many miles from the dealer.

I think after a couple of "shake-down cruises" you will be very pleased.

Regards, Steve

PS: For me, this forum has been a huge assist. I think the good folks here have "been-there-done-that" a million times and are very willing to lend a hand with whatever "adjustments/improvements" you need to make.