View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 03:51 PM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I read how lots of folks here have used these plastic (PVC) "cable management" systems, basically cable raceways, to run wires from solar panels on the roof to make their way inside the TM. I suspect many of these products (like the Legrand - Wiremold Cable Management system) are quite similar, if not identical, but I also see that they are intended for indoor installation. So presumably, they do not have UV inhibitors in them.

To those who have used these indoor products, how have they held up? Any cracking/breaking/distintegration over the years?

I did happen to find one raceway intended for exterior installation which is UV stabilized (https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/outdoor-cable-raceway, but it's quite a bit wider than I need.

Dave
Hi Dave,

The cable raceway (I've always called it conduit) that I 1st installed on my 2004TM is still in place and doing fine. I saw it about 6, months ago and at that time it had been in place 11-years.

The second pic is the ones that I installed in January of this year. I like to use those 90* elbows. They make the job look nice and tidy. I wss going to glue them on but I has extras so I just snapped them on as they were designed and they stay on just fine.

The key to making that couble sided tape adhere is to be sure that the surface is absolutely clean, finished off with rubbing alcohol and pressed down hard for about 30-seconds. It makes all the difference and I've never had one unstick. No UV damage so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03608.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	21405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3654a.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	21407