View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
TMCamper1

Default How to prevent mice entry

Hello,
we have a 2004 2720. It is stored inside a barn with a wood floor, but barn doors are not air tight. I have traps and pellets out side the trailer during winter time and I keep that supply up during the Ohio storage season. I put several mouse "houses" with those square green cakes throughout the floor area inside the trailer. We have mattress pads around the bed and benches. The mice have eaten holes through the pads and done minor damage. It was unused for the past two years and yikes when I opened it up last week. several dead ones around. All mouse cakes totally gone. This is one problem, as you cannot get in the trailer to replenish. Anyway, I had a foam pad in the bathroom with a cover over it and that was their headquarters apparently - I just picked the whole thing up and into the trash it was so bad.
So, what methods have you all done? I think they get in under the door and the floor area in the front by the propane gas bottles. I heard of putting steel wool around likely access areas but on this type of trailer, the entry points seem endless - like around the entire sectional folding halves. The undercarriage seems all caulked up fine. I just thought of the A/C unit too - I was going to take the filter cover off and take a look. Oh, and I did see some nuts in the heater exhaust so not sure if that is an entry point or not. Thank you. CB
TMCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote