View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Home Depot Raceway holds up well, except for one thing:

On vertical runs (such as down the "street side" of a shell), or down a lift arm the peel-away "stick-m" adhesive is inadequate for holding the wire channel in place.

For a more reliable and firm grip, I added a couple of tiny screws through the middle of the raceway base, before inserting the Solar cables. The tightened screw pulls the surrounding "stick-m' adhesive tight around its entry into the shell, and having used only a pair of tiny ones (which do NOT go very far into the shell's interior foam), the small piercings are highly water-resistant.

I did not bother with such screws on the top, where I have two short segments of raceway which are un-anchored (and free to move very slightly, in heavy winds). The cables themselves prevent such movement from becoming excessive and scraping the roof.

My "indoor" shell-side raceway has been in place for over 5 years, showing no significant degradation from sun exposure or weather. But my Trailer is normally in a garage, and only exposed during actual trips.