View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #2
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I read how lots of folks here have used these plastic (PVC) "cable management" systems, basically cable raceways, to run wires from solar panels on the roof to make their way inside the TM. I suspect many of these products (like the Legrand - Wiremold Cable Management system) are quite similar, if not identical, but I also see that they are intended for indoor installation. So presumably, they do not have UV inhibitors in them.

To those who have used these indoor products, how have they held up? Any cracking/breaking/distintegration over the years?

I did happen to find one raceway intended for exterior installation which is UV stabilized (https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/outdoor-cable-raceway, but it's quite a bit wider than I need.

Dave
Hi Dave,
I'm not sure what the factory is using, but the cable channel they put in place on my July 2020 built 2021 model pretty much looked brand new this past August when I pulled the factory installed cables out and replaced them with slightly larger gauge due to my 100 to 600 watt pannel upgrade. Have you considered contacting Adam to see what TrailManor is using now?

I'm in NC and not Arizona or somewhere else out west with cloudless days and crazy high strength UV rays, but my TrailManor has been parked outside in a field year round and was only partially covered during the winter. With the cable channel being on the side of the TrailManor (vs. the roof), I don't expect it to weather any worse than any other part of the camper. (If I happened to park with that side directly facing the south in a permanent parking spot, I might though.)

Rich

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is online now   Reply With Quote