View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
KMOlsen

Default Needed new curtains #2: Tools and Parts

For anyone interested in replacing the original curtains, here are some of the important parts and tools to help with the job.

- The carriers and screw covers were purchased from Amazon, and so was the hand held staple gun kit. That was only used that when reattaching the valance above the forward bed, which required some of the long brads which came in the kit, but the staple remover was also necessary.

- The staples for attaching the fabric to all of the valances came from eBay, which were used in the pneumatic staple gun, as most of the project was done in the garage.

- The fabric mat and cutter (like a pizza cutter) were ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to get the panels cut and squared. Here's one on Amazon "WorkLion 36" x 48" Self Healing Cutting Mat" and when you're spending hundreds of dollars on fabric, don't hesitate investing in this.

- The other tools include having at least one "quilting ruler square" (I had two), a sewing gauge, and obviously a sewing machine, ironing board, and air compressor; I also purchased a new pair of scissors for the job, and two spools of polyester thread when I purchased the fabric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H605 Curtain carriers.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	19988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw covers.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	19989   Click image for larger version

Name:	C05 Staples.jpg
Views:	138