View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
thebbqguy

Default Trail Manor 2720SL Question

My wife and I have been looking at travel trailers off and on for 4 or 5 years. We've always thought that if we hold out for another year, we would find "the perfect trailer" for us. As you might have guessed, after a lot of looking we still haven't found the perfect trailer for us.

We thought we found it with the 19' Gulfstream Visa RGU ($17K price), Rockwood Mini Lite 2109 ($14K price), and Trail Manor 2720SL (hard to determine the price because so few Trail Manor dealers we've talked to actually have a 2720SL in stock). It looks like the Trail Manor price tag would be considerably higher than the Mini Lite or the Visa, but there are several positives that might make the extra price work it - mainly the ability to tow with a more practical family vehicle.

I was reading another forum last night and was pretty alarmed to read a lengthy discussion about whether the 2012 Ford Explorer was really desireable for towing anything more than a 3,000 lb weight trailer. Both the Visa and Mini Lite would be closer to 4,000 lbs than 3,000 lbs when loaded for camping.

It's pretty easy to find fault with just about any trailer / tow vehicle combination. I used to have a F-150 for 13 years, but with the cost of pick-up trucks these days I find the Explorer a more practical family vehicle / work commuter vehicle.

And just when I thought the Trail Manor 2720SL was the perfect trailer for my wife and I, she brings up the almost double MSRP versus the Mini Lite and she sheepishly asked how warm they would be on a cool early spring or late fall day here in Michigan. Is the Trail Manor comfortable enough to sleep in with outside temps in the 40's at night?

Any thoughts, suggestions, and opinions are welcome.

And just in case anyone is wondering....a Ford tow vehicle is the only option I am willing to consider.