Thread: storage?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylTh View Post
We found.ours on rvtrader. It is a 1997 2619. From the pictures it looks great. Well cared for. It is in Jacksonville. the couple want to give up camping. We looked at one in our area but it was in real rough shape. We already own a 1973 compact II. It is 13ft. And it needs a lot of work. We just want to camp.
CherylTh: Our TM is a 25/18 and just got back from camping for five days up in the Central Oregon Mountains. There is not as far as I am concerned a real big difference between the 25/18 or 19. When we originally bought ours the gentlemen had the closet not attached which naturally we put back in when arriving back home after purchase. It now sits on a storage shelf in the garage as we get more use with the plastic drawer units that you can buy at the bigger hardware places. We get three of them to sit on the counter where the closet used to be. You can then lift them down one by one and proceed to stretch a bungee cord from the handle on the bathroom fold down to a handle on the three drawer built-in chest. Holds them all in place.
The wife puts all kinds of cooking stuff around the oven area and keeps a rubber tote in the bath with nested pans. We put our sleeping bags on end in front of the pota potti for travel. We also keep a few rubber totes in the dinette area. Our use is just camping so far and being 68 it makes the camping a 100% better experience for us as we can still go to our favorite places but with much shorter set-up time as compared to tent. We loved it but cannot handle that type anymore. We had one extra adult besides the wife and I on this last trip and so bought an tension curtain rod along with a couple of panels of curtains for modesty and everything was great. Ours is rated for six people but I would never go over four and not use the dinette for a sleep area. Old and slow need more elbowroom to get in or out. It's all going to be trial and error for you but in the end it will all work out on the storage issue. This forum is very good for suggestions.

Bob