View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
I provided two links in the #2 post. The first is a discussion of how secure the TM is. In the first link post #10 and #18 tells how to quickly and easily it is get into a locked TM if you are familiar with them.

The second link is about self defense. After reading it I purchased a can of bear spray. It has a 30 foot range, glow in the dark safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge and permit immediate location for firing at night. It is large enough to stop a grizzly bear or multiple two legged problems. I am sure the wasp spry would do the job however the bear spay will not cause any permanent injury. This would be my first choice in dealing with an intruder. In today’s world I could see where you could be attacked and be the one in court for blinding someone with wasp spray.

On our 6 week trip to Utah one night DW woke me up and said “There was a car here a little while ago and they are back and I think they are walking around the camp site now.” It was 2 in the morning. A bit alarming as I keep my generator outside (locked up but they would not know that until they looked). I keep the bear spray in the door so I grabbed my second line of defense I keep next to the bed and rolled out to peek through the windows. As I am watching I discover they are setting up a tent in our camp site. LOL It turned out to be a couple of kids that had driven all night so they could bike in the morning. The camp sites in the area fill up and ours was big enough to be mistaken by a couple of tired kids for 2 sites. It was no big deal and they moved on after breakfast in the morning.

At two in the morning with someone walking around the campsite with a flashlight it was reassuring to have something I could defend myself with if need be.
We are never without multiple defensive weapons. All three of us are trained in Martial Arts & our son is a Black Belt but that isn't our last or only defensive weapon. I was a Boy Scout so I believe in the Moto "Be Prepared"

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote