View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Once in a while on this board, there is a completely new question. I've been here more than 10 years, and this is the first time I've seen this one.

Several years ago, TrailManor did make a few of the Sport models. It was basically a 2619 with no interior (kitchen, bathroom, etc). I never understood why they did it, or who the target audience was, and I think the Sport was discontinued shortly. Perhaps this is what you are seeing, though I don't know why you would see several together. Anyone know if there another, later, 2619-like model with no interior? Brifla, do you know the model year of the units you are seeing? The RVIA label (on the outside somewhere) will give you the model name and year. And you can use the Search tool to find a short discussion about the Sport. Is there a kitchen in what you are seeing?

Perhaps you are describing the new 2417 Sport. This appears to be a fully-equipped trailer except that it has a cassette-toilet "option" - from which I infer that there is no bathroom as is found in the larger TMs. I can't offer any guidance on this newer model.

As Britanny Dogs says, adding a bathroom to a Sport might be more time/money than it is worth. There is no plumbing, there is no wiring, there is probably no gray tank and probably no fresh water tank - though it would be worthwhile to check the model description for that model. No toilet, no shower, no sink for kitchen or bathroom. If you are handy, all of this could be added, I guess. Then you have to consider collapsible walls around the bathroom (assuming you need walls).

I'm not one who would try to retrofit it, and I consider myself "handy". You could ask the factory about getting the parts and materials, but even if they would make them available, I don't think you'll like the price.

Just my guess

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote