View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
SCBillandJane

I admire you for wanting to continue the camping experience with a city slicker. To ease him into camping I have a few suggestions.
1 Go to full facility campgrounds that have electricity, water, and sewer hookups at first. Don't dump the sewer and gray water until full. Do dump when leaving.
2 Know what you will serve for meals. Brown meat at home and freeze ready to add to recipe.
3 The refrigerator is small but a surprising amout of meals are possible with planning.
4 Have a dedicated part of the garage/storage room for camper stuff like folding chairs or grill that you might not keep in the camper so you can grab them quickly and not leave them at home.
5 For a campfire experience without the work, pack charcoal lighter fluid and buy the wood at the campsite.
6 Practice backing the Trailmanor with your husband in advance. Know how to stay it sight of his mirrors and still be able to see that tree, the picnic table, and the water pipe.
Be willing to understand that the driver can only do so much and might need to start over.
7 The toilet and shower are the two biggest worries to the beginner camper. Many state parks have those a short walk from the camp site. I don't suggest dry camping until you are familiar with your camper even though that can be very rewarding.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote