View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
ng2951

Sound may be a problem unless you have the AC running. If the AC is running its pretty loud.

One thing you might like to do is rent a trailer for a test. I do not know of any TMs available for rent anywhere, but you can rent some trailers that are pretty close to a TM.

A TM is fine for two and a couple of small dogs, but they do not have the room of TT with slideouts. Something like a 3124KB or KS would likely be a good idea since you would have better storage. Some of those trailers have the 40 gallon water tanks, which you might need with 4 on board.

We have the 3326 which is quite nice. We are able to store all our outfits, CAS firearms, gun cart, camera gear, generator (which we bring when we are dry camping), and other gear. The only limitation is that we have to move gun cart out of the trailer when we get set up. Still we could probably do most of this in a 3124KS.

When the kids start getting to be adults floor space might be a problem, but then the beds are pretty large. An average sized person can sleep on the sofa bed (I have), but it might be tight for some.

In many ways I think you might be happier with a motor home or TT. The one thing to consider is that with TT you can separate TT from the TV. If you have a problem with the motor home, everything goes to the service shop. Also, you can use your TV as transportation when are the shows. That's a heck of a nice thing to have.