View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fife&brown View Post
3- I don't know if you can help me with this one, but can you think of any advantage of purchasing the TM this fall compared to next Spring? Do you see the prices of TM change much from Fall to Spring?
thanks and I apologize for the lengthy message.
You never know what's just ahead in this world, but the advantage now is a dealer trying to do end of season business and the advantage in the Spring is that dealers often have RV show prices that may include some factory concessions. If I was not going to use it this Fall, I might wait until Spring unless I was getting a deal that impressed me. From what I've seen, it looks like TrailManor has had a pretty good year for both new and resale units.

One more thought, since you asked, is that RV dealers typically want you to go to the office first to sign papers and then out to the lot to do the walk-through. In other words, you've already bought it before you do the detailed examination. If I could arrange it, I'd like to insist on doing it the other way around, so that first we work up the punch list and then we decide about being ready to accept it while there's still some leverage before money changes hands.

It took me a year working with the dealer to get the kinks out of a Winnebago motorhome a few years ago. The TrailManor has never failed me (we're not counting a dumb thing or two on my part).

Keep us in the loop!
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote