View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
tharris30

Default The TM design is genious. Delighted new owner.

We just bought a 2008 2720SL (Super Love) after owning one of the "A" frame pop-ups. I couldn't get my wife to go anywhere in the "A" but now she never wants to go home from our camping expetitions. We travel with a Rottweiler and a large ragdoll cat (18#) so we did needed more space. I agree that the beds are the weak point of the trailer but foam topper pads make them excellent sleepers. There is so much floor space that the "Princess", da dog, has plenty of floor space for her cushy bed. The cat loves all of the padded ledges that are at window viewing height and never stops prowling.

The galley is total and well laid out and has everything that a portable home could want. The refrigerator is extremely efficient and will freeze things in the lower compartment if set too cold.

The bathroom is a bit small but them I am 270#, 6'2 so what can I expect. It works for me and it is not where I spend most of my time when camping. The shower curtain is way too long and takes up a lot of space making the shower seem small. Cutting it shorter, but not too short, helps a lot with the small-shower-syndrome.

With what is happening with $$gas$$, I am delighted that I didn't take advantage of the great deals that are out there on motorhomes, even class C. My TM takes approximately 2 mpg off my normal mileage of 16 mpg (Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD w/HEMI) - erh! erh! erh. The Jeep doesn't even know that the TM is behind it and I have virtually no tow limits - off road, mountains, wet weather.

At 67 y.o. it took some getting used to during setup. But now, I can do it single handed in about ten minutes. Unhitch, level, power, water, assemble interior, pour a drink. Ready!! I am an inovator-futzer and the TM is quite a challenge to improve but is fun to work with.

I do recommend it if camping $$$ are limited but your partner still requires luxury away from home. WE even have HDTV, while out camping??? Go figure.