View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
Al-n-Sue

We've only been out 2 times in our TM, but having 2 friends with a TM for several years, I pretty well know what I'll use and not use.

The outside shower will probably never get used. We don't live near a beach or do things that would render us muddy or dirty enough to require an outside cleanup. Plus it is generally too cold in the Colorado mountains to get wet outside - even in summer.

I'm not sure I'll use the cabinets over the front bunk - we have so much space elsewhere that the effort to put anything there is more than it is worth. At least at this point. Maybe our stuff will grow to fit the space we have.

I may eventually use the antenna, but we camp to get away from the TV.

We don't use the privacy curtains but those are not options so we just store them. If one of our kids (and spouse) ever camp with us, we might use them.

We use or want about everything else - two hanging cabinets (over sink and over stove), A/C (although not needed in mtns, we may take trips to hotter locals now that we have it), radio -we love listening to CDs when we are sitting around, love the gas oven, love the furnace although we use a portable electric when we can, and I love the awning - sitting under it with a cup of tea and reading is my preferred camping pasttime. We also have a "patio mat" and I second whoever said it helps keep the floors clean.