Thread: Water Tanks ?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #19
jellis

Just a couple of comments:
1) In answer to George and Wendy's original question, at least some of the models come with a single 40-gallon tank as an option (not an additional 20-gallon tank). That's what we ordered on our 3124KB. It's really great when you combine it with a mod to enable filling from the bottom without opening the trailer. Ours is a simple tee into the fill tube connected to a garden hose section I ran through the floor under the sofa. The 40-gallon tank supplied two of us (plus visitors) with water for four days last summer and included two showers each; although my recollection is that I may have added just a little to make sure I had enough water for the final shower. The chief problem with this arrangement is that the gray water tank obviously will not hold an entire fill-up from the 40-gallon tank. A small inconvenience, given the value of the larger tank. I have not pulled a full tank of water on the road, so can't comment on the extra weight, effect on stability, etc. It is quite a bit forward of the axle, so it's better to fill the tank after arriving close to your campsite.

2) Regarding freezing of the lines: we recently took delivery a new 3124KB which had a small, intermittent water leak under the sofa. I'll spare you the details of the problem here, but the point is that while the dealer had the unit
in for repairs, additional leaks became evident and the sink faucet split. This has all the marks of water freezing in the lines. The dealer said they had drained the lines and they have always been dependable in the past. On corporate airplanes, we blow the lines out with compressed air to purge the lines when there is a chance of them freezing. That's what I do at home with a small compressor and I have never had a problem.

Incidentally, we stopped by the factory on a trip to the area last week.
They fixed everything and some additional small items, all at no charge. These are very good people, trying hard to give good customer service.