View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Smile

Carol.

We bought a used 2619 about 6 months ago. We've been out with it about 5 times thus far on 3 and 4 day trips, and we really like it. We had been tent campers for many years, and there is no comparison. We had previously rented several RV including Class A's, C's, and folding pop-ups. The TrailManor seemed like the best choice for us since we must store it in a garage due to HOA covenants. I know some people store their trailers at storage lots, but I like having mine close at hand an indoors. We live in a temperate climate so we can pick up and go most any time of the year.

Anyway, to allay some of your concerns, we have found the TrailManor quite easy to set up and take down. In fact my wife an I recently timed ourselves setting it up - we kind of make a game out of it. I think we opened and locked it, and set up the interior walls in something like 5-6 minutes. You will, of course, get better at setting up the more you do it. We've never tried it, but I think one person could set up the TM pretty easily. As others mentioned, we've found it takes more time to level the trailer than actually set it up. The torsion bars have thus far not been a problem for us.

Here's an idea you might consider. If you have a video camera, take it with you when you pickup your TM. As the dealer, or current owner demonstrates the set up/take down procedures use your camera to film the process. If you don't have a video camera, use a still camera to record the various steps. You'll only have to refer back to these for a short while, but the video/pix might help.

Hope you enjoy your TrailManor as much as we have. As you no doubt realize by now, this board is an excellent source of information- well worth the minimal annual fee.

Nick

Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote