View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampAllDay View Post
Okay. This makes sense. Thank you. We don't have a TV yet. We have a old sedan with 160K miles on, which my DH and I want to replace. We have not decided what type of TV to buy, other than it should be optimized to pull the TM (which we don't have either yet). This is going to be expensive ;-) Are there any recommendations on TV optimized for2720 model?

Thanks.
Well, I'd say your going about it the right way. Some new owners or prospective owners try to fit a TM to an existing TV that is marginal in tow weight limit. My suggestion is do as much research as possible and also try and identify where you want to go camping. Those that live near mountains or want to travel through big mountains need a bigger TV. Those that are in SE and Midwest may not need as big a TV if they intend to stay in their area for the most part.

Some new owners suggest they will not travel that far from home but once they get out there, the adventure of hitting the road and seeing where it ends is impulsive.

Most good TV's will start out at 5k lb tow rating. A loaded 2720 will weigh anywhere from 3200 to 3500lbs or more. I like to have a big margin for tow rating. My Tundra rates at 7200lb tow capacity. My TM will weigh over 4k lbs.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote