View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
davlin
TrailManor Master

Hi Sallyport,

Your Highlander, with tow package can tow 3500 lbs. You should plan on a 2417 being very close to that. I always recommend that you plan for greater weight than you think. For instance, if the fresh water tank (40 gallons) was full, that's an additional 300+ lbs. Propane adds weight, and it seems we always add more stuff that we don't even think about. I'm not saying that you can't tow with this combination, but I think you'll find that hills and head winds will be problematic for you. The low profile trailer will tow much nicer than the one you rented, but weight is weight, regardless of profile.

As for the Thetford recirculating toilets: I'm afraid you will find two completely different opinions on this subject from TM owners. My wife and I have owned two TM's, and have camped in a variety of environments, and have had absolutely no issues with them. We use them just like our toilets at home, but include the recommended deodorant/chemicals. Others have complained vigorously about odor problems.

Good luck in your search, and happy camping!

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote