View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
ng2951

Give then Coca-Cola and chocolate and everything will be fine. I think it would take a pretty big trailer to keep three boys from driving everyone crazy. But you did not get a trailer to keep them couped up in a trailer.

The idea is to wear them out all day and into the evening so that they are tired enough to get along inside the trailer.

What is usually a good idea is to tell the forum what you hope to do with a TT. A TM is not a fifth wheel, with slides. If that is what you want or need a TM may not be the rig for you. My buddy really needs a toy hauler big enough for his wife, son, daughters, dog, and two motor bikes.

The downside of TMs is that you do not have floor to ceiling storage. There is limited storage inside the TM. It is better than any other hardsided popup without a doubt. You might beat it with some of the tent-style campers, but those are different than hardside units.

The upside of a TM is that it is a very nice hardside popup with a very nice interior. We got ours mostly for the bathroom. The wife does not like port-a-lets, that are the usual fare at Cowboy Action Shoots. The 3326 we have has lots of room the two of us and the two dogs.

The other thing that is great about a TM is the gas mileage. I am dragging a 33' trailer and getting 15-18 MPG at 60 MPH. I can pull that with a V6 engine and TV rated to pull 6500 lbs. The people I bought the trailer from new trailer is giving them a whopping 9 MPG. Their new trailer has slideouts and stuff like that AND also fits their needs better too.

So pick your mission, price, equipment and you should be able to pick the right TT too.