View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
edweidig

Default Additional cooling

I and several others that I know of use the Coleman type coolers that can be plugged into your car's cigarette lighter. Mine comes with a power supply that can be plugged into a 115 volt source also. I mostly keep cold drinks in there as well as snacks for the road and it goes in the backseat of the car while on the road. It pays also to keep things such as lettuce and tomatoes in there because as was previously mentioned they might tend to freeze in the TM refrigerator.

While I mostly camp in full-service campgrounds I do have two 12 V batteries hooked in parallel. I don't know that I'll ever need that extra capacity but I like to have it just in case. (And the marine deep cycle battery was given to me by my son who just happened to have a spare from a boat he had recently sold).

The anti-sway is a non-factor with TMs. With the low-profile and positioning of the axle sway does not occur. I have not experienced a blowout and hope I never do. I'm sure you'll hear it from a lot of others but I'll mention it here anyway, the maximum speed the tires are rated for is 65 mph, and only then with proper inflation.