Thread: Shower Curtain
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
Bill & Lisa

Default Outside shower house

We just recently moved up from a pop up and used our shower enclosure as our "potty stall". We are seriously considering using it as an outside shower enclosure for the TM when the weather allows--come spring.

The unit we are discussing is about 4 feet square at the bottom, but only 2 feet square at the top. The shoulder area is therefore about 2.5 feet square. The averave person needs 18" of space for his body without room for raising your arms, say to wash your hair. Add that extra 2-4 feet and it's tight, except from corner to corner. I originally found using it as a potty tent a little restricting--since the potty took up a good deal of space. However, I didn't, at that time, have the TM with it's well appointed but slightly close quarters and now have a new appreciation for bathroom space.

Modifications would need to be made to allow the shower head to hang inside the "stall" and allow water temperature access as there is only one zippered opening. A longer hose would be handy as would installing a D ring and carabiner to the shower head (velcro to the rescue!)

I purchased my stall from KMart and it comes with a hook-in floor that holds water, a net bottom that allows flow through, shower pockets and even a towel bar. I plan to put a net "drain" in the solid floor to direct water to the center so I can contain it in an automotive oil drain pan.

The grates previously mentioned in other posts can be found at Camping World or through any RV dealer's catalog. Personally, I'd make my own from composite decking board and brass piano hinge. When I construct my grate, I plan to make it tall enough so the oil pan will fit. This would allow me to shower without causing environmental harm.