View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

When we traveled 600 miles to see our camper we asked a lot of question via phone and email.

Ask if it was garage keep or stored outside. How many owners? How dirty the outside and inside is? This will give you an idea of the care and pride of the PO.

Fist we asked about the dents and dings on the camper shell outside, about inside condition; inside scrapes scratch condition walls and fabric and was there any sun fading of the curtains. We asked them to send photos of any concerns.

Then we asked if every thing was worked including the 3 way fridge in all modes, the water in both city and pump mode, hot water heater in propane and elec mode and the AC unit. We asked if the battery was good and if the converter was worked and the age of the tires. Our seller agreed to change the 2 tires with goodyear marathon tires before we arrived, because of the age and the distance we would travel back home when I questioned the tires age and I told him I would need new tires to bring it home.

We received about 20 photos. when we arrived the camper was what we expected.

The price of the camper your looking at could be a very good deal if in great condition, but if in poor condition it's not that great of a deal.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote