View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Joe,

We (wife and I) had a 2417 Sport, one of the original models. It had the two bed floorplan, as that was all that was available when they came out in 2012. We sold it this winter, and purchased a 2417 KD (full-width, king bed on one end, dinette on the other). The extra width makes a huge difference! It feels much more roomy.

Don't know as you will find many used 2417 models, and quite unlikely to find a used dinette or sofa version (only one bed), as those just hit the market last fall. Not saying you won't find one, but it may take a while, and you may have to travel.

But, for the two of us, and an occasional guest, we love the 2417 size. Easy to tow (loaded for camping, our 2417 Sport was 3500 lbs. I expect our 2417KD to be about 150 lbs more, as the base weight is 150 more than the Sport), easy to store.

One thing to be aware of, if you plan to dry-camp - some of the early models of the 2417 had 20 gallon fresh tanks. We got a 40-gallon on both of ours, and I would not want a 20 gallon. Plus, the early versions of the Sport had an "11 gallon" gray tank, which actually held 8 gallons. Had to empty every-other day, unless we took showers. Then, I had to empty it daily.

Also, the original 2417s had a smaller 'fridge.

If it were me (it was, a few months ago), I would go with the new model. It has a 30-gallon gray tank. The cassette toilet (I really prefer the cassette) now holds 6 gallons, instead of 3. The 'fridge is larger, and has a freezer. All the controls are inside. I had to manually light my original 2417 water heater, and 'fridge, both on the outside. They are now automatic. The water heater is now 6 gallon, vs. 4 gallon in the older versions.

There are so many improvements in the 2417 lineup, I would bite the bullet and go with a new 2417 KS or KD. That will give you more room, and much better accessories. You can PM me if you want more info on both, as I have owned both.

Also, the new models are available in the Silver Trail design. If I had that option when I ordered ours, I would have gone with it. Very nice-looking setup!

Good luck! Again, send me a private message if you want more details of the difference between old and new versions of the 2417.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote