View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I replaced the mattress that came with the TM with a two-bladder air mattress. I just looked for it on the Camping World Website, but didn't find it. Maybe out of stock. But, I got it at Camping World.

My point is, when I deflate them for travel, I have my foam mattress pad and bedding on top of it. When I get where we are going, I use a 12v blower to pump them up. Each mattress takes less than a minute, and I can make them as firm or soft as I want. I like keeping all the bedding in-place, and not having to "pack" the bed for travel.

I would say it takes a total of 6-8 minutes to completely set up our TM, from the time it is level, until it is "put together". It takes less than a minute to close all the side flaps, and about a minute to put up bathroom. I hang my cabinet, open the table, and it is set. I have no wardrobe, but that would take less than 30 seconds. Any other setup is no different than a regular trailer - light the water heater, and switch the fridge over to propane, open curtains, etc.

To me, the ease of towing is a huge plus, and is worth the two minutes to get the shell up. If we needed to make a pit stop along the road, I would have no problem having it ready for pit-stop use in less than 3 minutes, as I wouldn't be closing flaps, Just pop the shells, and set up bathroom walls. Ready to use, and quick to close.

As for the toilet, I love the cassette. I can take it to an outhouse to empty, either daily, or wait a few days between trips. We had a 3-gallon in our previous 2417, and I emptied it once in the middle of a week-long trip, and at the end. No problem. Our new 2417KD has a 6-gallon cassette, which is now what they use on all cassette models. No black-water hoses to deal with. My personal preference.

If you get a TM, I think you will really appreciate the ease of towing, and realize the setup is not a problem.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote