View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #6
ChefLamont

No TM expert here either, but my 2 cents.

Not to cast aspersions on the seller, but I take all descriptions with an entire salt lick. I am sure what they said is right........in their mind. I have known people that were over the top OCD and could find 1000 things wrong with something most people think is mint. Conversely, I have known people that would say something is near perfect when it was, well, very much not.

For something like a camper, I would take your own checklist and do a thorough inspection for yourself. You decide how the condition is for you and what you can live with. If you dont feel comfortable doing that yourself, have someone come along that is familiar with campers as a second set of eyes. For all the years both of us have been around RVs, my dad and I shop for them together. Every time, we both see different things and end up "catching" things the other doesnt. There are also paid inspection services if you are still uneasy.

Having said all that, this one sounds on face value to me to be worth the drive to look at (if the price is not outrageous). Or at least if I were ready to buy, I would. Have you seen pics if it? A first step is to ask the seller to email you a lot of pics. That should give you a good deciding point to make the drive.

Again, just my opinion. Worth at least twice what you paid for it.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote